Sunday 23 September 2012

PASC


PASC


Two months over, Now we are in the stage of calling my friend as machan, machi etc.

Pondicherry Arts and Science College (PASC) often challenge all other Private and Govt. college in Pondicherry with their results, Alumni etc. The lecturer takes extra classes to finish their subjects. They motivate the students to participate in various programs. We do have dress code for both lecturers and students. PASC is located on Pondicherry outskirts, and it has got two main gates. The one gate to in and other one to out. There is separate foot path for the pedastrian.Usually I come by walk to college as my house is very nearer to college.

New college, New Dresses, New Friends etc., But I carried my old marks that I obtained midterm. I don’t do great. So professor warned me (us(you are not alone in this world)) that you should perform well or it will affect the internals. (We have been hearing this from school time, perform well otherwise you will be detained).

On many mathematics classes, Lecturer will leave the problem in the middle, saying that
you know how to do that rite?” (Or) “Remaining is Exercise for you”.

So you can guess me that, many of my class notebooks are empty pages.  Either I will leave the page more than the necessary one. (i.e. actual space needed to solve the problem will be less than ½ page, but throughout my 3 years of college, I never guessed it correctly. I may leave either 1 page or more than that).

In this case Balan is guru(but he too fails some time). Then next morning both sit side by side for Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V from the source notebook (one who solves the problem). Since I and Balan are from first bench, we are always in front of the eyes (eagle’s eye) of lecturer.

It was around 3:30 PM,

Lecturer Mr. Vijayan on strike.

Balan performed well in “Annachi hotel” (Unlimited  Meals Rs.30) which is near to college.
His eyes were red and uncontrollable sleepy.

I said, “Machan sir பாக்காரர் da”.

He said, “thanks, machi பாத்துகிட்டே இரு வந்தா மட்டும் சொல்லு da”.

I have to listen my class (or pretending to listen), I have to take notes, I have to note whether vijayan is seeing Balan?, I have to inform Balan. I have to see my watch when period will get over, meanwhile I have to see my figure too ;)..  How tough is this rite?.

Suddenly wind blows,

Balan did not noticed that his two pages turned over. But Vijayan noticed that.
I said, “Machan sir பாக்காரர்  da”.

Balan want to show that he is not sleeping so he shacked the pen(its very basic trik).

Vijayan said, “By the above lemma 2.4(d) we can conclude the theorem”.
Balan writes the same thing in his note book, but on wrong page. Vijayan understood the scenario as he understands the mathematics, so clear no confusion.

Vijayan came and stood infront of me
Vijayan said “Balan can u read the theorem?

(My mind voice: machi page a mathu da”)

Balan started to read the theorem which is of 3 days old.
Vijayan said “you two both out of my class”. By pointing finger at me and Balan.
From that time onwards, we both are outstanding students(we mostly spent the time outside itself ;) ).
Though we are outstanding students; we read by ourselves.

So this situation made me to go to library for the books,last yr. question paper, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment